2-DAY CUSCO TO MACHU PICCHU BUS TOUR
Experience the breathtaking beauty of Machu Picchu with our 2-day tour bus from cusco to machu picchu. This hassle-free journey takes you through stunning landscapes and ancient ruins, all while providing comfortable transportation and knowledgeable guides. Combining the excitement of walking along the railroad and ending in the town of Aguas Calientes. Don’t miss out on this journey: bus cusco to machu picchu – book your trip today with PERU TOP EXPERIENCE!
WHAT TO EXPECT?
- Enjoy a night in a comfortable hotel in the town of Aguas Calientes
- Visit a world wonder, part of modern life: Machu Picchu.
- Explore the main enclosures of the citadel: Guardian house, circular tower, sundial, temple of the condor, temple of the 3 windows, intihuatana and others.
- Enjoy the beautiful panorama that we will have on our train tour.
- Find out more about the living history of this citadel above the clouds.
2-DAY CUSCO TO MACHU PICCHU BUS TOUR EXPERIENCE
DAY 01: CUSCO – ABRA MALAGA – HYDROELECTRIC PLANT – AGUAS CALIENTES
- 07:00 – 12:30 Pick up from your hotel and transfer to the Hydroelectric station (During the way there are stops at some points so that they can buy some snacks if they wish).
- 12:45 – 13:50 Time to have a calm lunch at Hidroeléctrica.
- 14:00 – 16:00 Start of the walk towards the town of Aguas Calientes by the railway.
- 19:00 – 19:30 Visit our guide to the hotel and informative talk about the next day.
DAY 02: MACHU PICCHU – RETURN TO CUSCO
- 08:10 – 08:45 Rise by tourist bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
- 09:00 – 11:30 Guided tour of the Inca citadel knowing the main enclosures.
- At the end of the tour we return to Aguas Calientes along the same path, we will have time to walk through the town, have lunch on our own and then return to the train station.
- 14:30 – 16:10 Travel by tourist train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- 16:30 – 18:30 Travel from Ollantaytambo to Cusco by tourist bus bimodal service. End of our tour cusco to machu picchu by bus
- Tourist transport: Cusco – Hydroelectric – Ollantaytambo – Cusco
- Food: Tourist lunch in Hidroeléctrica
- Tourist train ticket: Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo (*Expedition/Voyager)
- Consettur bus ticket: Up and down
- Professional tour guide
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- **01 hotel night in Aguas Calientes
*The train service is according to the availability we have for the date of your trip, we can also offer you an Upgrade, for this you only have to consider the additional information.
**The category of the hotel may vary according to the request, the travel advisor will provide you with the best recommendations.
- Special entrance ticket to Huaynapicchu (additional cost USD $80.00 dollars)
- Personal expenses and tips
- Food not mentioned
- Travel insurance
- Machu Picchu spaces are limited and permanently subject to availability, it is always best to have an advance reservation at least 3 or 4 months in advance.
- Depending on the travel season, the entry times will be recommended by the travel advisor, in the case of the dry season the first hours are the best, but in the case of the rainy season it is better to enter from noon.
- VISTADOME SERVICE: If we are looking for a more complete 2-Day Cusco to Machu Picchu Bus Tour, this is the ideal option. The Vistadome service has a panoramic view on the section of the train journey that is a fact that we will enjoy 200%.
- Additional price:
- One way or return: $40.00 dollars per participant.
- Round trip: $65.00 dollars per participant.
- LUNCH SERVICE: We can add this service as well and schedule it for after the guided tour in Machupicchu. It has a price of $10.00 dollars per person (Tourist Menu).
How complicated is the hike we will havein the 2-Day Cusco to Machu Picchu Bus Tour?
The geography that the place presents to us is light, because we do not have sections of slopes or descents. It is flat in its greatest extension, which if it is quite extensive, for this reason we must be prepared for a long walk.
What are the best travel seasons for 2-Day Cusco to Machu Picchu Bus Tour?
Due to the climate that we present in the region, it is ideal that our trip is planned between the months of March and September since in these months the rain is less frequent and therefore the access road between Santa Teresa and Hidroeléctrica is safer. During the remaining months or the rainy season, it is more frequent to see how there are landslides along the way, therefore it is not entirely recommended.
How much is the average walk ?
On average, the walk lasts a period of 2 to 3 hours, this can always vary according to the physical performance that each participant has. It is always recommended to have a slight previous experience in walks or to practice precisely some short routes in the country of origin of each person so that they do not have inconveniences.
Can I add a visit to the Huayna Picchu mountain to my cusco to machu picchu bus tour?
Yes, it is possible to add the Huayna Picchu mountain experience on the second day, since after the adrenaline we had on the tour and the relaxing night in the thermal baths, it is more than double the amount that we can ascend the Huayna Picchu mountain.
What to Bring
- Tickets issued by the agency (entrance ticket, buses, trains and others).
- Identity document (ID or Passport).
- Day pack and personal equipment:
- Hat and sunglasses.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Light clothing during the day
- Warm clothes for the night.
- Water in canteen
- Cash for personal purchases.
- Photographic camera
- Rain poncho (Recommended for rainy season).