DAY TRIP MACHU PICCHU
If you’re planning a trip to Peru, a visit to Machu Picchu is likely at the top of your list. While there are many ways to get there, a machu picchu day trip is a popular option for those short on time. -therefore, PERU TOP EXPERIENCE provides the best machu picchu day trips from cusco, ensuring an unforgettable experience.
What to expect?
- Visit a world wonder such as Machupicchu.
- Explore the main enclosures of the citadel: Guardian house, circular tower, sundial, temple of the condor, temple of the 3 windows, intihuatana and others.
- Take advantage of the mystical energy of this sanctuary to reach a personal renewal.
- Enjoy the beautiful panorama along the train ride.
- Find out more about the endless history of this citadel above the andean clouds.
- Our machu picchu day trips feature private tours.
EXPERIENCE IN CUSCO TO MACHU PICCHU DAY TRIP
- 04:00 – 04:10 Pick up from your hotel and transfer to the bus station in Cusco.
- 04:20 – 06:20 Travel from Cusco to Ollantaytambo by tourist bus, bimodal service.
- 06:40 – 08:05 Travel by tourist train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes.
- 08:10 – 08:45 Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu.
- 09:00 – 11:30 Guided tour through the Inca citadel visiting the main enclosures. At the end of the tour we return by bus to Aguas Calientes to vantage your time for walking around the town and have lunch, then go back to the train station.
- 14:30 – 16:10 Travel by tourist train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- 16:30 – 18:30 Travel from Ollantaytambo to Cusco by tourist bus, bimodal service. End of our day trip to machu picchu.
- Transfer by car: Hotel – Bus station
- Bus ride: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Cusco (Bimodal Service)
- Tourist train ticket: Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo (*Expedition/Voyager)
- Consettur bus ticket: Round trip
- Professional tour guide
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
*The train service is according to the availability we have for the date of your trip, we can also offer an Upgrade, you only need to consider the additional information.
- Special entrance ticket to Huaynapicchu (additional cost USD $80.00 dollars)
- Personal expenses and tips
- Food not mentioned
- Travel insurance
- Machupicchu spaces are limited and permanently subject to availability, please confirm your reservation in advance.
- Depending on the travel season, the entry times will be recommended by the travel advisor, in the case of the drying season the first hours of the day are the best, but about raining season it is better to entry from noon.
- VISTADOME SERVICE: If we are looking for a more complete machu picchu day trip from cusco, this is the ideal option. The Vistadome train boasts an exclusive open car to enjoy 200% more the nature around.
– One way or return: $40.00 dollars per passenger.
– Round trip: $65.00 dollars per passenger.
- LUNCH SERVICE: We can add this service as well and schedule it for after the tour in Machupicchu. The price is $10.00 dollars per person (Tourist Menu).
How many circuits are there and which is the one that you offer?
Currently, to visit Machupicchu there are 4 types of circuits and the best option for a cusco to machu picchu day trip is the circuit number 1. This one allows you to explore the entire citadel with enough time to take pictures, learn about its history and get an unforgettable experience.
How long does the guided tour in Machupicchu last?
The guided tour lasts an average of 2 hours, however we are one of the few companies that are strategic allies of the Ministry of Culture, so we are allowed to extend the visit time by 30 minutes or even 1 hour according to the number of visitors.
Can I visit Huaynapicchu and Machupicchu in 1 single day?
Yes, it is possible to visit both destinations in a single day, but it is only possible with the private machu picchu day trip, which will allow you to have enough time to see the citadel and then the mountain. Notice that the entrance schedule to Huaynapicchu is different from the traditional entrance, so it must be purchased in advance.
Difference between Machupicchu Mountain and Machupicchu citadel
Machupicchu mountain is located behind the citadel in the upper part and has a natural viewpoint, meanwhile the citadel is where the beautiful postcard photo is taken. In other words, Machupicchu citadel is the archaeological center that we visit and the Machupicchu mountain is a high point from where the citadel can be better appreciated. To climb up there, you must also have a special entrance similar to Huaynapicchu.
What to Bring
- Tickets issued by the travel agency (entrance ticket, buses, trains and others).
- Identity document (ID or Passport).
- Day pack and personal equipment:
- Hat and sunglasses.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Light clothing during the day
- Warm clothes for the night.
- Water in canteen
- Cash for personal purchases.
- Rain poncho (Recommended for rainy season).