MACHU PICCHU AND RAINBOW MOUNTAIN 2 DAYS
$ 395.00 USD
Type of Service
Explore two of Peru’s most popular places on this 2-day Tour to Machu Picchu and Rainbow Mountain. First, take the train early to Aguas Calientes to reach the famous Inca citadel of Machu Picchu. Enjoy a guided tour of the ruins and some free time to explore. The next day, head to the famous Rainbow Mountain for a 4-hour hike where you can admire the beautiful scenery and enjoy a delicious Peruvian breakfast and lunch.
- DAY 1: MACHU PICCHU DAY TRAIN TOUR
- DAY 2: ARCO IRIS MOUNTAIN ALTERNATIVE TOUR
Day 1: Machu Picchu Tour
The 7-Color Machu Picchu and Mountain Tour Peru begins when we pick you up from your hotel in Cusco at a convenient time and will go to the train station in Ollantaytambo. There, you will board the train to the town of Aguas Calientes (2000 m).
Upon arrival at the train station, our guide will be waiting for you to accompany you to the bus that takes you to the entrance of Machu Picchu (the bus trip takes about 25 minutes). From this moment, the private tour of Machu Picchu will begin and we will go to the “Casa del Guardián” to enjoy the typical panoramic views of Machu Picchu. This is the perfect place to take several photos.
Then, we will go to the following points of view from where our guide will show you the different parts of the Machu Picchu ruins that we will visit. The guided tour lasts about 2 hours and we will visit the agricultural sector and then the ancient city of the Incas (temple of the sun, Inca palace, the sacred square, the three windows, the main temple, the sacred stone, the sector of the three doors and mortar sector).
Day 2: Rainbow Mountain Tour
3:45 am: Pick up from your hotel in Cusco
5:30 am: Breakfast at a local restaurant.
8:00 am: Optional visit of the Palccoyo community and its potato museum (depends on community availability)
9:30 am: Arrival at the parking lot (view of the 1st rainbow mountain) + Briefing
10:00 am: Visit of the 2nd Rainbow Mountain
10:30 am: Visit of the 3rd rainbow mountain + rest with coca tea and snacks
11:00 a.m .: walk to the stone forest (optional) with a spectacular view
11:30 am: Return to the car and drive to the restaurant
1:50 pm: Lunch at a local restaurant
3:30 pm: Arrival in Cusco and return to your hotel. End of the Tour to Machu Picchu and Rainbow Mountain
- Professional guide
- Collection and return to the hotel.
- Transportation by private vehicle.
- Meals according to the itinerary (only Rainbow Mountain hike: breakfast, lunch)
- Bottled water
- Coffee and / or tea Tips
- Overnight at a hotel in Cusco between tours
- Meals during the tour to Machu Picchu
- A valid passport is required on the day that the Tour to Machu Picchu and Rainbow Mountain begins.
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers.
- Not accessible to people in wheelchairs
- The Tour to Machu Picchu and Rainbow Mountain is not recommended for people with heart problems or other serious medical conditions.
- Passport name, number, expiration date and country are required at the time of reservation for all participants
- Operates in all weather conditions.
- Not recommended for children under 10 years.
- The Tour to Machu Picchu and Rainbow Mountain will have a maximum of 8 travelers.
What to Bring
- A small backpack or carrying bag (larger not allowed on the train or in Machu Picchu)
- A change of clothes
- Comfortable shoes or runners
- Water to drink
- Raincoat or poncho
- A fleece or jacket,
- Basic toiletries,
- Insect repellent for mosquitoes.
- Sun hat
- Some extra money for lunch, snacks and souvenirs.
- Original passport (you cannot enter Machu Picchu without it)