ONE-WEEK PERU TOUR: MACHU PICCHU AND TITICACA LAKE
Peru is a country full of rich history, stunning landscapes, and endless culture. You only need one week in Peru to explore this beautiful country, don’t worry – you can still see some of the most iconic destinations. This peru in 1 week tour will take you through Cusco, the Sacred Valley, and Titicaca Lake , giving you a taste of the best that the Andes has to offer.
- Day 1: City tour
- Day 2: Sacred Valley Tour
- Day 3: Machu Picchu Tour
- Day 4: South Valley – Puno
- Day 5: Puno – Uros – Amantani
- Day 6: Amantani – Taquile – Puno
- Day 7: Departure Day
Day 1: City tour
Pick up from the airport to the hotel, and then at 1:45 PM we start our week in peru tour with a tour of the city of Cusco:
- The Temple of the Sun or Koricancha.-It is the sanctuary dedicated to the sun and other deities that venerated in the Andean Culture such as: The rainbow To the water, To the ray, The stars, The moon.
- Sanctuary of Sacsayhuaman.- in the Andean culture it was known as the house of the sun, architecture built with megalithic stones that astonish the entire world today.
Day 2: Sacred Valley Tour
8:30 am in the morning pick up from the hotel to head towards the archaeological remains of Pisac, then we will pass through Lamay, Calca and we will arrive in Urubamba.
At 12:30 We will make a stop for lunch (optional add 25soles buffet lunch). 13:30 Continue this tour to Ollantaytambo where we will see the town, its typical streets and visit the impressive archaeological group, its terraces, we will enjoy the wonderful view offered by the Sacred Valley of the Andean Culture. After our visit in Ollantaytambo we will go to our last route that is Chinchero. In Chinchero we can appreciate a clear example of architectural and artistic syncretism of the Andean and Hispanic Culture. 19:00 approx Return to the City of Cusco to accommodate at the hotel.
Day 3: Macchu Picchu Tour
The most anticipated day of our one week peru tour! At an indicated time 2:30 am pick up from the hotel and transfer to the station where we will board the train that will take us to the Magic Citadel of Machupicchu.
At 07:30, arrival to Aguas Calientes and ascent to the Citadel of Machupicchu by bus, once there we will tour the urban, agricultural and religious area from where we will contemplate the wide domains of the Andean Culture. 13:30 Lunch in Aguas Calientes. (Optional lunch add 25 soles per pax) 16:00 We move to the train station to return to Cuzco. 19:30 Pick up from the train station in Cuzco to the hotel.
Day 4: South Valley – Puno
06:45 After breakfast, we will pick you up from the hotel for departure to the South, passing through picturesque towns and neighborhoods that are characteristic of the Cusco region such as the Church of Andahuaylillas; dating from the 17th century, known as the Sistine of the Andes and the Archaeological Complex of Racchi; which is also known as the Temple of God Wiracocha before will be served at the FELIPHON restaurant, located in the Sicuani district, Canchis province.
13.00 We will continue with the tour and this time we will arrive at La Raya; strategic point that is the border between the regions of Cuzco and Puno, you can see the snowy Chimboya.
15:00 Visit the Litico Museum of Pukara; there you can see ceramics and sculptures, including the famous HATUN-ÑAQAC.
17:30 Arrival to the city of Puno, so that they are then transferred to the respective hotel.
Day 5: Puno – Uros – Amantani
07:30 After breakfast, transport to the port of Puno to take a motorized tourist boat and head towards the marvelous floating islands of the Uros. After the sight we will continue the tour for approximately two hours to Amantani Island. Arriving at the island we will taste a typical lunch, then we will go to the ceremonial centers “Pachatata” and “Pachamama”, sacred place. At night we will stay in family homes and enjoy dinner and hospitality of a typical Amantani home.
Day 6: Amantani – Taquile – Puno
07:00 After breakfast we will depart for Taquile Island, where we will appreciate the typical and rustic way of life, in the town of Taquile you will enjoy a lunch based on fresh fish (Pejerrey), in the afternoon we will return to the city of Puno.
18:00 Return to the city of Cusco
01:00 Accommodation at the hotel in Cusco
Day 7: Departure Day
Time indicated after breakfast at the hotel transfer to the Airport
Transfer hotel – airport – hotel (or land terminal). End of our One-Week Peru Tour: Machu Picchu & Titicaca Lake
- 2 nights accommodation in Cusco
- 1 night accommodation in Aguas Calientes
- Buffet breakfast at the hotel in Cusco and American breakfast in hot waters
- Mobility for all the tours mentioned below.
- English – Spanish language guide.
- BTG (General tourist ticket)
- Koricancha entrance
- Entrance ticket to Machupicchu.
- Bilingual guide in Machupicchu Sanctuary
- Bus ticket from Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
- Train ticket Cusco – Aguas Calientes – Cusco (Local Service)
- South Valley Tour includes fourth day lunch
- 1 nights accommodation at Hotel de Puno
- Entrance ticket to Uros, Amantani and Taquile
- Boat with bath.
- 01 night in homestay, 01 lunch, 01 dinner, 01 breakfast in Amantani
- Lunch in Taquile
- Guide in Puno.
- Boat trip of Totora (optional)
- All transfers.
- International flights
- Food not mentioned in the program
- Personal expenses
- Original passport.
- Wear sneakers or light shoes or tennis shoes.
- Drink plenty of fluids on your excursions.
- Raincoat (long poncho) in the rainy season.
- Long sleeve shirts.
- Long pants.
- Insect repellent.
- Sunscreen, wide-brimmed hat for sunny days.
- Sun glasses, plastic bags.
- Medicine and / or personal items (contact lens liquid).
- A lightweight backpack or briefcase.
- Camera or camcorder and movies.
- Have checks and coins on hand in small denominations soles or dollars.
- Bath clothes for thermal baths (optional).
- Peruvian Tourists with their valid ID, Tourists with passport of Andean Community (Colombia, Ecuador and Bolivia) and foreign tourists with student card with card issued by their university and under 25, get a discount when booking the one-week in peru Tour.
- Special discounts for groups of more “5 people” For more information Click here!
Is it necessary to have travel insurance?
It is not mandatory as such, however we always recommend it as a way to cover any mishap that may arise during the week in peru. We must take precautions for everything long before it happens.
Can I modify the experience if I have more or less days?
Yes, within the planning or design of the tour around peru in 1 week we can modify it without inconveniences, this also means that we can add more days or take away some, according to your needs. althoght, when we are in the moment of confirmation the date is established and modifying it could incur a penalty.
How many people might get this peru 1 week tour?
According to our experience between 12 to 15 people, the group can be smaller as well; but, this is the average amount. We make sure that it is not a larger group, thus the experience is personalized.
Can I request a refund if I cancel my trip?
We must adhere to our terms and conditions policy, we must consider there the cause of the cancellation, the previous time the request is being submitted and see the status of the trip. All these details are discussed with your travel consultant. Click here!
What to Bring
- Tickets issued by the agency (Entrance ticket, buses, trains and others)
- Identity document (ID card or passport)
- Daypack and personal equipment:
– Hat and sunglasses
– Mosquito repellent
– Light clothing during the day
– Warm clothes for the night
– Water in canteen
– Cash for personal purchases
– Rain poncho (Recommended for rainy season)