7-DAY PERU TOUR: LIMA, CUSCO AND MACHU PICCHU
If you’re looking for a quick but unforgettable journey to Peru, these 7 days in peru tour will take you to some of the country’s most famous and breathtaking destinations. From the bustling city of Lima to the ancient ruins of Machu Picchu, you’ll experience the best of Peru in 7 days.
- Day 1: Reception at the airport / City Tour to the “City of the Kings” Lima
- Day 2: Flight to Cusco / City tour / Dance and music show
- Day 3: Tour to the Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Day 4: Machu Picchu Wonder Tour
- Day 5: Free day in Machu Picchu
- Day 6: Maras Moras Circuit
- Day 7: Air travel from Cusco to Lima
Day 1: Arrival to Lima / City Tour
Our 7-Day Peru Tour: Lima, Cusco & Machu Picchu begins after your arrival at Lima airport, then you will be transferred to your hotel and you will have the afternoon free to rest and relax.
In the afternoon (1:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.), tour the most outstanding attractions of the city of Lima and let yourself be enveloped by its charm and tradition. Get to know colonial Lima and modern Lima, with its San Isidro districts (very important financial center) and Miraflores, which stands out for being a tourist, commercial area and for having a large number of tourist attractions.
Accommodation in Lima.
Day 2: Flight to Cusco / City tour
We will give you a warm welcome at the airport of the city of Cusco and then transfer it to your hotel.
On the way to your hotel we will observe some attractions and places that provide various services of interest, which will be explained by our staff.
From 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. you will visit the cathedral basilica of the city of Cusco; the golden Inca palace, Koricancha; the temple of the Sun, Sacsayhuaman; Kenko; Pukapukara and Tambomachay, archaeological complexes of a religious nature.
Accommodation in Cusco.
Day 3: Tour to the Sacred Valley of the Incas
Discover the Sacred Valley of the Incas, a route with attractive and colorful landscapes, its very fertile lands and its cheerful and traditional people. Explore Pisac, which has a spectacular view because it is located on the top of a mountain and Ollantaytambo, an Inca citadel with narrow cobbled alleyways. Enjoy a buffet lunch in Urubamba.
Accommodation in the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
Day 4: Machu Picchu Tour
It is the most anticipated day of our Tours to Lima, Cusco and Machu Picchu! Live one of the most fascinating and extraordinary experiences in the world in Machu Picchu, Cultural Heritage of Humanity and Wonder of the Modern World. Built on top of the mountain in the middle of the jungle, surrounded by lush vegetation, valleys and rivers. Your guide will transmit the story that surrounds this mysterious and charming enclosure, it will be an unforgettable experience since you will have time to take your pictures and explore on your own (guided time 2: 30hrs approximately). Enjoy a buffet lunch at the restaurant from the Sanctuary Lodge hotel.
Accommodation in Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu.
Day 5: Free day in Machu Picchu
It is recommended to visit the Manuel Chávez Ballón site museum, the “Pillpi Wasi” Butterfly Farm, the medicinal Thermo Waters, the Mandor waterfalls or to make the trek to the Putucusi mountain and in the Machupicchu Citadel you can take the Inti Punku Walk , Machupicchu Mountain, Inca Bridge or make the ascent to Huaynapicchu, in the afternoon you will embark on a train trip to the City of Cusco.
Accommodation in Cusco.
Day 6: Maras Moras Circuit
From 08:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. you will visit Moray, an Inca agricultural research and experimentation center and Las Salineras de Maras from which pink salt is extracted, one of the few salts in the world that has a unique flavor.
Accommodation in Cusco.
Day 7: Air travel from Cusco to Lima
Two hours before the departure of your flight, your host will arrange to transfer you to the airport. End of the 7 days peru: Lima, Cusco and Machu Picchu.
- All transfers to the hotel, airport, terminal, stations and attractions.
- Tours to Machu Picchu, Sacred Valley of the Incas, Moray and Salineras, City tour in the city of the Kings and City of Cusco.
- All transport for tours.
- Train tickets Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
- Bus tickets Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes.
- Professional tour guide in English or Spanish.
- Train tickets Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo.
- Entrance to the tourist attractions to visit: Machu Picchu, Sacred Valley of the Incas, Moray and Salineras, City tour in the city of the Kings and city of Cusco.
- Transfer in all offices
- 06 nights in hotel.
- 06 breakfasts
- 02 buffet lunch (01 on the tour to the Sacred Valley and 01 in Machupicchu) ..
- Full meals (lunch and dinner not specified in the program).
- Flights Lima – Cusco and Cusco – Lima
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Long sleeve shirts, long pants.
- Wear warm clothes and wear rain ponchos in the rainy season (December – April).
- Wear insect repellent, sunscreen, sunglasses, wide-brimmed hats in the dry season (May – November).
- The landscape is magnificent we recommend bringing binoculars, camera or camcorder.
- Medicines and / or personal items.
- Carry money in small denominations.
- Swimwear, if you want to visit the hot springs of Aguas Calientes.
- Water bottle for the road.
- For the Machu Picchu tour it is necessary to carry the identity document or passport.
Is it necessary to have travel insurance?
It is not mandatory as such, however we always recommend it as a way to cover any mishap that may arise during the 7 days in peru. We must take precautions for everything long before it happens.
Can I modify the experience if I have more or less days?
Yes, within the planning or design of the tour around peru in 7 days, we can modify it without inconveniences, this also means that we can add more days or take away some, according to your needs. althoght, when we are in the moment of confirmation the date is established and modifying it could incur a penalty.
How many people might get these 7 days peru tour?
According to our experience between 12 to 15 people, the group can be smaller as well; but, this is the average amount. We make sure that it is not a larger group, thus the experience is personalized.
Can I request a refund if I cancel my trip?
We must adhere to our terms and conditions policy, we must consider there the cause of the cancellation, the previous time the request is being submitted and see the status of the trip. All these details are discussed with your travel consultant. Click here!
What to Bring
- Tickets issued by the agency (Entrance ticket, buses, trains and others)
- Identity document (ID card or passport)
- Daypack and personal equipment:
– Hat and sunglasses
– Mosquito repellent
– Light clothing during the day
– Warm clothes for the night
– Water in canteen
– Cash for personal purchases
– Rain poncho (Recommended for rainy season)