4-DAY TOUR TO MACHU PICCHU
Our Tour Machu Picchu 4 days 3 nights is the essential journey in Cusco, visiting the most important Inca sites around Cusco and then in the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu. The machu picchu 4 day tour includes a visit to the most important touristic icons within the city of Cusco and its surroundings will surely surprise and inspire you. Let´s hit the road with PERU TOP EXPERIENCE!
- Day 1: Arrival in Cusco + City Tour
- Day 2: Sacred Valley to Aguas Calientes (town of Machupicchu)
- Day 3: Full Day Machu Picchu
- Day 4: Departure from Cusco
Day 1: Arrival in Cusco + City Tour
Upon arrival in Cusco, we will take you to the hotel and then you will join your guide for an informative session about the wonderful tour that awaits you. Today, start the tour with a trip through Cusco to enjoy the views of the Inca Capital. We will see the indigenous and colonial heritage of Cusco, then you can spend the night free exploring the nightlife of Cusco or trying some of its many typical restaurants.
Therefore, we start the machu picchu 4 day tour with a half-day city tour at 1:00 p.m. from your hotel to visit the following sites around Cusco.
- The Coricancha: the Temple of the Inca Sun
- The cathedral: a work of religious art
- Sacsayhuaman: majestic Inca temple with impressive stone, some of up to 120 tons
- Q´enqo: (Labyrinth) a religious center dedicated to the worship of the Earth
- Puca Pucara: (Red Fortress) that was used as a military control center
- Tambo Machay: (Posada de la Cueva) a water worship and worship center.
- Accommodations: Hotel in Cusco
- Meals included: none
- Tickets: included
Day 2: Sacred Valley to Aguas Calientes (town of Machupicchu)
Begin your journey through the heart of the Incas with a full day tour of the Sacred Valley. The Sacred Valley of the Incas, on the outskirts of Cusco, is a beautiful extension of green farms, high mountains on terraces along with numerous picturesque villages that do not move over time. The Sacred Valley is the center of animated festivals and the best crafts of Peru. Our first stop is the artisan capital of Peru, the small town of Pisac; It is famous for its handicraft market in the main square, more crowded on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, where local natives come to sell their colorful fabrics, ponchos and fashions of alpaca wool, reproductions of ancient jewels, engraved pumpkins and much, much more. Pisac is the best stop in Peru for memories of your trip to take family and friends home. After a delicious lunch in Pisac, we will travel to Ollantaytambo, the only Inca town that remains inhabited. This traditional town is a wonderful example of pre-Columbian architecture. Here we will explore the expansive ruins that dominate the city and discuss its history and the traditional beliefs of the people of the Sacred Valley. Later, in Ollantaytambo, we will take the train to Aguas Calientes to prepare to explore Machu Picchu early the next morning.
- Accommodation: Hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Meal Includes: Breakfast, Buffet Lunch
- Entrance ticket: included
Day 3: Full Day Machu Picchu
Today is the highlight of the Machu Picchu 4 day tour! This world-famous site is easily the most notable pre-Columbian city in the world, partly due to its mysterious beauty and its high place among the Andean cloud forest. A guided tour will help you discover and understand what Machu Picchu shares about the life and customs of the Incas. Surrounded by spectacular terraces cut on the slopes of the mountains, famous for innovatively feeding the empire, this complex city will fascinate you all day. The narrow roads and steps connect old houses, temples, warehouses and a large central square. Our guide will give you a complete history of the ruins and the Incas, as well as share with you the possible explanations of the function and importance of Machu Picchu. You will have free time for an optional and very challenging, unguided walk to the top of Huayna Picchu, where you will have the best view of the World Wonder of Peru. This hike is only recommended for people who are in good physical condition and without fear of heights, but the incomparable views of Machu Picchu are especially gratifying. After a long day exploring this lost city, we will take the bus down the mountain back to Aguas Calientes and take the train back to Cusco. Upon arrival in Cusco we will leave you at your hotel for a good night’s rest. We will get on the bus up the mountain back to Aguas Calientes and take the train back to Cusco. Upon arrival in Cusco we will leave you at your hotel for a good night’s rest. We will get on the bus up the mountain back to Aguas Calientes and take the train back to Cusco. Upon arrival in Cusco we will leave you at your hotel for a good night’s rest.
- Accommodation: Hotel in Cusco
- Meals include: breakfast.
- Tickets: included
Day 4: departure from Cusco
After an early breakfast at the hotel, we will pick you up and take you to the airport for your trip back home or to your next destination. End of the 4-Day Tour to Machu Picchu
- 3 hotel nights in Cusco.
- Entrance to all the tourist destinations mentioned in Cusco (tourist ticket – Cathedral and Qoricancha) and tickets to Machu Picchu.
- Train ticket to Aguas Calientes and return.
- Bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu and back.
- Transfers at the train station and airport.
- Informative summary before the tour.
- Guided group services. Professional guide of English – Spanish.
- Buffet lunch in Sacred Valley.
- Other services not mentioned.
Optional extras (advance booking required):
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu Mountain: USD 25.00 (advance reservation required)
- Entrance ticket to the Huayna Picchu Mountain: USD 25.00 (advance booking required)
- Vistadome Train Aguas Calientes-Cusco: USD65.00 (reservation is required in advance, only for standard and tourist class packages)
- Air tickets: Lima – Cusco – Lima to be quoted on the day of the consultation (prices vary from US $ 185 to US $ 399 per person depending on the season. You can book them with Cusco Journeys if you wish.
After spending a lot of time traveling through Cusco and Machu Picchu, we have prepared our definitive list of what to pack for 4 day machu picchu tours from lima.
- Used in hiking boots or walking shoes.
- Light rain poncho
- Down or thermal and polar jacket
- Solar protection; sunscreen and hat
- Layered clothing: thick, thermal shirts, shirts and jackets, hiking pants, shorts
- Toiletries package with toilet paper, tissues and a light towel
- Day package
- Reusable water bottle to help reduce plastic waste.
- Personal first aid kit with prescriptions, analgesics, antihistamines and stomach aids.
- Replacement prescription glasses, contact lenses and lens solution plus a copy of the prescription
- Small flashlight or headlamp with additional batteries
- Earplugs to sleep comfortably
- Cap, scarf and gloves (these are abundant in Cusco if you prefer to buy here)
- Extra bags with closure of various sizes are always useful
- Insect repellent
- Camera with extra batteries and SD cards
- Combination locks to protect luggage, useful during the trip and in hotel rooms.
- Required and useful documents for Peru
- Valid passport with at least six months remaining
- Photocopies of important documents such as passport, tickets and recipes.
- Travel insurance, we recommend World Nomads or Travel Guard
- Children 2 years and under are free provided they do not occupy their own seat.
- Book based on the desired hotel class: Tourist, Superior or Premium.
- You must be able to go up and down stairs
- You must be able to walk on unpaved or irregular terrain
- You must present a valid passport on the day of the machu picchu 4 days 3 nights.
- If you are not a US citizen, you may need a visa to participate
- Student discount: US $ 20.00
- Children under 15 will pay as a student: US $ 20.00
- Less than 7 years discount: US $ 30.00
Is it necessary to have travel insurance?
It is not mandatory as such, however we always recommend it as a way to cover any mishap that may arise during the machu picchu 4 days tour. We must take precautions for everything long before it happens.
Can I modify the experience if I have more or less days?
Yes, within the planning or design of the 4-day machu picchu tours from lima, we can modify it without inconveniences, this also means that we can add more days or take away some, according to your needs. althoght, when we are in the moment of confirmation the date is established and modifying it could incur a penalty.
How many people might get this machu picchu 4 day tour?
According to our experience between 12 to 15 people, the group can be smaller as well; but, this is the average amount. We make sure that it is not a larger group, thus the experience is personalized.
Can I request a refund if I cancel my trip?
We must adhere to our terms and conditions policy, we must consider there the cause of the cancellation, the previous time the request is being submitted and see the status of the trip. All these details are discussed with your travel consultant. Click here!
What to Bring
- Tickets issued by the agency (Entrance ticket, buses, trains and others)
- Identity document (ID card or passport)
- A backpack and personal equipment:
- Hat and sunglasses
- Mosquito repellent
- Light clothing during the day
- Warm clothes for the night
- Water in canteen
- Cash for personal purchases
- Rain poncho (Recommended for rainy season)