2-DAY MACHU PICCHU AND SACRED VALLEY
Embark on an unforgettable journey from the sacred valley to machu picchu. This 2-day tour will take you through ancient remains, breathtaking landscapes, and cultural experiences that will leave you in awe. Book your adventure today and get ready for an unforgettable experience along sacred valley machu picchu with PERU TOP EXPERIENCE.
WHAT TO EXPECT?
- Visit a world wonder, such as Machu Picchu.
- Discover the beautiful traditions of the Sacred Valley.
- Explore the main enclosures of the citadel: Guardian house, circular tower, sundial, temple of the condor, temple of the 3 windows, intihuatana and others.
- Enjoy the beautiful panorama that we will have on our train tour.
- Find out more about the living history of this citadel above the clouds.
2-DAY MACHU PICCHU AND SACRED VALLEY EXPERIENCE
DAY 01: SACRED VALLEY
- 07:40 – 08:00 Pick up from your respective hotel to join the group.
- 08:00 – 11:30 Travel to the town of Pisac to visit the archaeological center and the artisan town.
- 12:30 – 13:45 Buffet lunch in the town of Ollantaytambo.
- 14:20 – 15:30 Tour in the town of Ollantaytambo.
- We said goodbye to the group and the guide to be able to arrive at the train station 30 minutes before the scheduled time.
- 16:36 – 18:10 Travel by tourist train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes.
- 19:00 – 19:30 Visit of our guide to the hotel and informative talk about the next day
DAY 02: MACHU PICCHU – RETURN TO CUSCO
- 08:10 – 08:45 Rise by tourist bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
- 09:00 – 11:30 Guided tour of the Inca citadel knowing the main enclosures.
- At the end of the tour we return to Aguas Calientes along the same path, we will have time to walk through the town, have lunch on our own and then return to the train station.
- 14:30 – 16:10 Travel by tourist train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- 16:30 – 18:30 Travel from Ollantaytambo to Cusco by tourist bus bimodal service. End of our sacred valley to machu picchu tour
- Tourist transport: Cusco – Pisac – Ollantaytambo
- Tourist train ticket: Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes (Expedition/Voyager)
- ticket (BTP – partial tourist ticket).
- Professional tour guide
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- **01 hotel night in Aguas Calientes
**The category of the hotel may vary according to the request, the travel advisor will provide you with the best recommendations.
- Tourist transport: Ollantaytambo – Cusco (Bimodal Service)
- Tourist train ticket: Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo (*Expedition/Voyager)
- Consettur bus ticket: Round trip
- Professional tour guide specialized in cultural tourism
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
*The train service is according to the availability we have for the date of your trip from sacred valley to machu picchu, we can also offer you an Upgrade to a better category, for this you only have to consider the additional information.
- Special entrance ticket to Huaynapicchu (additional cost USD $80.00 dollars)
- Personal expenses and tips
- Food not mentioned
- Travel insurance
- Machu Picchu spaces are limited and permanently subject to availability, it is always best to have an advance reservation at least 3 or 4 months in advance.
- Depending on the travel season, the entry times will be recommended by the travel advisor, in the case of the dry season the first hours are the best, but in the case of the rainy season it is better to enter from noon.
- VISTADOME SERVICE: If we are looking for a more complete 2-day sacred valley machu picchu, this is the ideal option. The Vistadome service has a panoramic view on the section of the train journey that is a fact that we will enjoy 200%.
- Additional price:
- One way or return: $40.00 dollars per participant.
- Round trip: $65.00 dollars per participant.
- LUNCH SERVICE: We can add this service as well and schedule it for after the guided tour in Machupicchu. It has a price of $10.00 dollars per person (Tourist Menu).
What places will we see in the Sacred Valley?
Our tour in the sacred valley allows you to visit beautiful towns full of history and tradition, there will be 2 towns in total, first Pisaq and then Ollantaytambo, where we will first visit the archaeological center in which the main attraction is the amount of terraces that it presents to us, As a second attraction we have the beautiful town that is located at the base where the beautiful tradition is maintained to this day.
What is the type of lunch and the weather along machu picchu sacred valley?
The climate in the sacred valley is much more pleasant due to its location, it is almost always a warm climate due to the concentration of temperature. This also makes the ingredients that are harvested there have a better flavor, which greatly favors our lunch since it is a buffet service with a variety of Peruvian and local food, which gives you much to enjoy. It is mostly prepared with local inputs for a sense of support and sustainability.
Can I visit both destinations in just 1 day?
No, due to the distance between them and defined schedules, it is always necessary to visit on 2 different days and preferably always leave from the city of Cusco.
How long does the guided tour in Machu Picchu last?
On a regular basis, the guided tour lasts an average of 2 hours, however we are one of the few companies that are strategic allies of the Ministry of Culture, so we are allowed to extend the visit time by 30 minutes or even 1 hour according to the number of participants.
What to Bring
- Tickets issued by the agency (entrance ticket, buses, trains and others).
- Identity document (ID or Passport).
- Day pack and personal equipment:
- Hat and sunglasses.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Light clothing during the day
- Warm clothes for the night.
- Water in canteen
- Cash for personal purchases.
- Photographic camera
- Rain poncho (Recommended for rainy season).