2-DAY MACHU PICCHU TOUR FROM CUSCO
If you’re short on time but still want to experience the wonder of Machu Picchu, our 2-day cusco to machu picchu tour is the perfect solution. With transportation, accommodations, and our professional staff, you can make the most of your 2 day machu picchu tour from cusco and still see all the highlights of this incredible destination.
WHAT TO EXPECT?
- Enjoy a night in a comfortable hotel in Aguas Calientes town.
- Visit a world wonder such as Machupicchu.
- Explore the main enclosures of the citadel: Guardian house, circular tower, sundial, temple of the condor, temple of the 3 windows, intihuatana and others.
- Enjoy the beautiful panorama that we will have on our train tour.
- Find out more about the living history of this citadel above the clouds.
EXPERIENCE IN 2 DAY MACHU PICCHU TOUR
DAY 01: CUSCO – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES
- 09:30 – 09:45 Pick up from your hotel and transfer to the bus station in Cusco.
- 09:55 – 11:55 Travel from Cusco to Ollantaytambo by tourist bus, bimodal service.
- 12:36 – 14:00 Travel by tourist train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes.
- 19:00 – 19:30 Visit our guide to the hotel and informative talk about the next day.
- Hotel night in Aguas Calientes
DAY 02: MACHU PICCHU – RETURN TO CUSCO
- 08:10 – 08:45 Rise by tourist bus from Aguas Calientes to Machupichu.
- 09:00 – 11:30 Guided tour of the Inca citadel knowing the main enclosures.
- At the end of the tour we return to Aguas Calientes along the same path, we will have time to walk through the town, have lunch on our own and then return to the train station.
- 14:30 – 16:10 Travel by tourist train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- 16:30 – 18:30 Travel from Ollantaytambo to Cusco by tourist bus bimodal service. End of our Cusco to machu picchu tour
- Tourist transport : Hotel – Bus station
- Tourist transport: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Cusco (Bimodal Service)
- Tourist train ticket: Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo (*Expedition/Voyager)
- Consettur bus ticket: Rouund trip
- Professional tour guide
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- **01 hotel night in Aguas Calientes
*The train service is according to the availability we have for the date of your trip, we can also offer you an Upgrade, for this you only have to consider the additional information.
**The category of the hotel may vary according to the request, the travel advisor will provide you with the best recommendations.
- Special entrance ticket to Huaynapicchu (additional cost USD $80.00 dollars)
- Personal expenses and tips
- Food not mentioned
- Travel insurance
- Machupicchu spaces are limited and permanently subject to availability, please confirm your reservation in advance.
- Depending on the travel season, the entry times will be recommended by the travel advisor, in the case of the drying season the first hours of the day are the best, but about raining season it is better to entry from noon.
- VISTADOME SERVICE: If we are looking for a more complete machu picchu 2 day tour, this is the ideal option. The Vistadome train boasts an exclusive open car to enjoy 200% more the nature around.
– One way or return: $40.00 dollars per passenger.
– Round trip: $65.00 dollars per passenger.
- LUNCH SERVICE: We can add this service as well and schedule it for after the tour in Machupicchu. The price is $10.00 dollars per person (Tourist Menu).
What is the main difference between the 1-day tour and the 2-day tour?
The main thing about services is something very essential and it is time. If you have enough time, the 2-day service will always be the most recommended, for reasons of flexibility and comfort.
How many circuits are there and which is the one that you offer?
Currently, to visit Machupicchu there are 4 types of circuits and the best option for a 2-day machu picchu tour from cusco is the circuit number 1. This one allows you to explore the entire citadel with enough time to take pictures, learn about its history and get an unforgettable experience.
How long does the guided tour in Machupicchu last?
The guided tour lasts an average of 2 hours, however we are one of the few companies that are strategic allies of the Ministry of Culture, so we are allowed to extend the visit time by 30 minutes or even 1 hour according to the number of visitors.
Can I visit Huaynapicchu and Machupicchu in 1 single day?
Yes, it is possible to visit both destinations in 2-day machu picchu tour from cusco, andyou will have enough time to see the citadel and then the mountain. Notice that the entrance schedule to Huaynapicchu is different from the traditional entrance, so it must be purchased in advance.
What to Bring
- Tickets issued by the agency (entrance ticket, buses, trains and others).
- Identity document (ID or Passport).
- Day pack and personal equipment:
- Hat and sunglasses.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Light clothing during the day
- Warm clothes for the night.
- Water in canteen
- Cash for personal purchases.
- Photographic camera
- Rain poncho (Recommended for rainy season).